How to Fit the Bar and Chain on a Husqvarna Chainsaw
Learn how to fit the bar and chain on your Husqvarna chainsaw
- Wear safety glasses and gloves.
- Disengage the chain brake. Remove the bar nuts and the clutch cover. Remove the spacers and discard. Fit the bar over the bar bolts and move it to the rearmost position.
- Place the chain over the drive sprocket. The cutter teeth should face forward on the top edge of the bar. Check that the chain correctly fits in the bar.
- Fit the clutch cover on the unit. Tighten the bar nuts. Tension the chain. Make sure the chain can still be turned easily by hand. Tighten the bar nuts with a combination spanner.
- Check the chain tension frequently until the chain is run in.