Is it a swivel or is it a captive eye connector? In fact, it’s both. The Sidewinder is a directional connector with an integral swivel. Essential in applications when there is a need to manage spin, rotate the load relative to the anchor or simply to minimise lanyard tangles. The Sidewinder is often used as a connector on guided fall arresters as it can be captive on a system, allows rotation by the user and is quick, easy and secure when connected.
- Captive eye for permanent connection
- Sometimes it is essential for a connector to stay in the correct orientation or to be permanently attached to a system. The DMM captive eye connectors, with their textile friendly attachment holes, can be stitched into a rope or webbing loop, or swaged directly onto cable. They provide predicable direction of load and total security as the connector cannot be removed or misaligned.
- Aggressive loading groove forces load into correct place
- Keylock clean nose for snag free connection
- DMM’s patented ‘Taperlock’ closing mechanism increases gate push-in and cross gate strength using a special flared profile on the nose of the carabiner, as well as allowing a snag free connection for your ropes, slings and devices.
- Product Code: A98K71
- Colour: Titanium/Green
- MBS Major Axis: 25kN
- MBS Minor Axis: –
- MBS Gate Open: –
- Dimensions: 70 x 205mm
- Weight: 235g
- Gate Opening (X): 20mm
- Conformance: EN 362:2004 T